3 years ago, a member of our playgroup and a good friend of mine, Katie Brown, started the DFW Walk for LUNGevity. The playgroup has participated every year since. This year marks their 4th annual event and biggest to date! The name of the event has been changed to Breathe Deep DFW. You can choose to do a 1.2-mile or a 5k. It is a stroller-friendly, wheelchair-friendly, bicycle-friendly, and dog-friendly event. They will have bounce houses, face painting, photographers, raffles, giveaways...you name it! Jacob, Joshua, and I will be there as volunteers for the second time. We will also have Shadow with us since, this year, they are doing a new promotion called "Paws to End Lung Cancer" where dogs can get these adorable shirts for the walk.
|Isn't Graycee the cutest?|
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death, regardless of gender or ethnicity.
- Lung cancer impacts one in 14 Americans and kills more than breast, prostate, colorectal, leukemia, and melanoma cancers combined.
- Lung cancer kills almost twice as many women as breast cancer, and more than twice as many men as prostate cancer.
- About 55% of all new lung cancer diagnoses are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers.
- Lung cancer accounts for 14% of all new cancer diagnoses but 27% of all cancer deaths.
Any living thing with lungs can get lung cancer but because of the stigma that it's a "smoker's disease", research for a cure is severely underfunded. This is why I'm asking YOU to help.
Help by coming out to the event REGISTER HERE
Help by donating DONATE HERE
Help by spreading the word about the event EVENT LINK HERE
Help by learning about lung cancer and teaching others LUNG CANCER FAQ HERE
Thank you and be sure to BREATHE DEEP!