ad banner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Pearly Whites

Back in December, I noticed that one of Joshua's teeth was poking out the front and back of his gums. I don't really consider this a real first tooth, since it won't be useful until it breaks through the top. Today, however, I did notice that he has one of his molars, of all things, that has just popped out!

First tooth to break skin:


It's the white dot to the right of my thumb.

And here's his first official tooth:


It's still barely there, so it must have just broken through today, but I can feel it and it's definitely through!

In related news, despite Jacob getting his first tooth at 4.5 months old, he has yet to have a single loose tooth, but he does have all 4 of his permanent "first molars" (kids normally get them between 6 and 7 years old). Apparently, studies have found that kids who get their teeth earlier are more likely to have cavities and other tooth problems, so I'm hoping it's not true in his case.

Tooth Eruption Chart

Jacob's tooth chart - I stopped adding to this in September '06, but you can see the dates and order that most of his teeth came in.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment