ad banner

Monday, October 24, 2011

In My Own Backyard

I knew that moving out to the country would produce some interesting encounters. It seems that the most interesting ones occur when there's a creepy mist settled.

Scary fog!
I took Shadow into the backyard so she could go potty and I'm looking at the back of our house and spot this:

STICK BUG!
Find the stick bug!
Find the stick bug!
I don't think I've ever seen one in real life! Just to show you how much it looks like the sticks around here, I actually got a stick that I got it to climb onto.
Stick bug on a stick

I thought it would be fun to do some backyard exploring to see what else I could find.

Web of a Grass Spider.
Big old anthill

Moss and clovers 

Pretty flowers that just popped up.

Remnants of a cicada shedding

Shadow looking at me like I'm crazy. Probably because I am! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment