ad banner

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Super Saturdays - 4/2/2011

So I'm watching my nephews (Marcus and Gabriel) for the weekend while my sister is OOT with her best friend for a girls' weekend and my BIL is OOT with his professor and a few classmates from college on a field trip.

Original plans were to go to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History - luckily, the museum posted on Facebook that they were closed today to prepare for the Mad Scientist Ball this evening. A few of my friends that were planning on joining us noticed the post yesterday before I even woke up and sent me messages letting me know.

So I changed the event to Aunt Mikki's KID'S FISH at Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine. Boy, am I glad I did! The boys had a blast! Jacob, Gabriel, Joey, and Jenna each caught at least one fish. Marcus tried his best and was very patient, but it just wasn't his lucky day.

Jacob caught the first fish for our group:

Joey's first fish:

Gabe's first fish:

I don't have pictures of Jenna's fish, but I have a feeling that we caught the same fish at least 3 times. Joey caught one of the bass...I think it was a big mouth. That thing was 6-7 inches long! He reeled that sucker in by himself until it got to the surface. It was just too heavy for him to get it out of the water, so I had to help him pull it up. I wish I could have gotten a pic of that!

After we finished fishing, Tamara and I walked the kids over to Whataburger right next door. They all enjoyed their burgers and we had a great time.

Then, we headed back to Bass Pro and took some pictures with the "shark":

It was time to change the little ones' diapers, so Tamara and I took turns watching the big kids while the other was on diaper duty. Behind the big shark, there is a cute painting of a dock, so I had to get a pic of the boys there:

We headed over to the arcade and let the boys play for a bit, then we took a look at the rattlesnake they had in a terrarium. It was pretty cool!

We walked out the door and saw the Carter Blood bus. I asked Tamara if she wanted to take turns watching the kids as the other donated blood. She decided she'd watch first, so I headed in. After the long approval interview, I sat down and did my pint - 9 minute donation. Unfortunately, they stopped taking donors at 4:00 and by the time I finished with everything, it was 4:45. 

On the plus side, Tamara made friends with the wife of the other patient that was donating at the same time I was. I'm hoping to get a pending member request in my inbox soon!

So we basically spent 6 hours in Grapevine today. I'm trying to get the boys to rest for a bit and cool off, but I don't think it's going to happen.

P.S. Still no package :(


No comments:

Post a Comment